BAYAWAN

WATER

DISTRICT

  1. As oceans are very wide and there are multiple to be found on earth, oceans store most of the earth's water. This is apparently 97% of the total amount of water on earth, 2% of which is frozen.

  2. 80% of the earth's water is surface water. The other 20% is either ground water or atmospheric water vapour.

  3. Of all the water on earth, only 2,5% is fresh water. Fresh water is either groundwater (0,5%), or readily accessible water in lakes, streams, rivers, etc. (0,01%).

  4. If all the world's water were fit into a gallon jug, the fresh water available for us to use would equal only about one tablespoon.

  5. Over 90% of the world's supply of fresh water is located in Antarctica.

  6. Less than 1% of the water supply on earth can be used as drinking water.

  7. The earth's total amount of water has a volume of about 344 million cubic miles.

    • 315 million cubic miles is seawater.

    • 9 million cubic miles is groundwater in aquifers.

    • 7 million cubic miles is frozen in polar ice caps.

    • 53,000 cubic miles of water pass through the planet's lakes and streams.

    • 4,000 cubic miles of water is atmospheric moisture.

    • 3,400 cubic miles of water are locked within the bodies of living things.

  8. Approximately 66% of the human body consists of water. Water exists within all our organs and it is transported throughout our body to assist physical functions.

  9. The total amount of water in the body of an average adult is 37 litres.

  10. Human brains are 75% water.

  11. Human bones are 25% water.

  12. Human blood is 83% water.

  13. 75% of a chicken is water.

  14. 80% of a pineapple is water.

  15. 95% of a tomato is water.

  16. 70% of an elephant is water.

  17. Each day the sun evaporates a trillion tons of water.

  18. A single tree will give off 265 liters (70 gallons) of water per day in evaporation.

  19. An acre of corn will give off 15,000 litres (4,000 gallons) of water per day in evaporation.

  20. A small drip from a faucet can waste as much as 75 litres of water a day.

  21. The amount of water we deliver on a hot summer day, 308 million litres (80 million gallons), could fill 1.28 billion cups of coffee.

About Water Quantities

BAWAD Map Location

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

QUICK MENU

logocitizen.png

press to zoom

press to zoom

press to zoom

press to zoom
1/3
GAD-FINAL-LOGO.png

Quick sites

CSC logo.png
dbm logo.png
Gov.ph logo.png
bayawan logo.png
philgeps logo.png
pawd.png
logo-retina-1-200x64.png
lwua logo.png
BAWAD link Happy or Not.jpg

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

QUICK MENU

logocitizen.png

press to zoom

press to zoom

press to zoom

press to zoom
1/3
GAD-FINAL-LOGO.png

Quick sites

CSC logo.png
dbm logo.png
Gov.ph logo.png
bayawan logo.png
philgeps logo.png
pawd.png
logo-retina-1-200x64.png
lwua logo.png